Sunday, January 19, 2014

A tale of two networkers...

Guest post by David Williams....

On a beautiful spring evening 2 years ago, two young men sat down beside
each other at their very first network marketing opportunity meeting.  They
began chatting, and found that they both had attended the same college,
graduated the same year, but in different disciplines.  Both were personable,
outgoing, and both were saddled with debt from their university education.

As you can imagine, this being their first opportunity meeting, both of these
young men were pretty excited at what they heard.  By the end of the evening
each signed up.  They had the same sponsor, a young woman who had put
up a tear away flyer in their college. 

By chance, each of these young men had called the number, heard the recorded
message, and arrived at the meeting.

Three months later, they met up again at a big regional training event held by
the company.

They managed to visit a bit at the event.

“Hey man, it’s great to see you, I thought you dropped out… you’re never at
any of our weekly meetings?”

“No way.  Meetings are so old school.  My way is ‘go big or go home’ and I
work exclusively at home, on the Internet, I’ve recruited 5 people, in 3
different time zones, and I’m totally pumped!”

“WOW!  That’s amazing!  I wonder what I’m doing wrong?  I’ve just got a team
of four, all here in town.  In fact they’re here today, with guests.  But gee, I’d love
to do it all over the Internet; how do you find people?”

“Simple, I hooked up with an ex-distributor turned lead generator, who I buy leads
from.  These are all pre-qualified people – they each filled out a survey on the
Internet so I know they are interested.  This guy is training me on how to call
these people, and I just lay on a recorded webinar for them to see.  Meetings are
so yesterday, who wants to get all dolled out and deal with parking.”

They both looked out over the crowd, glued to their seats by the special guest
trainer.  Suddenly there was a great cheer and then a standing ovation.

“Well, catch you later, I’ve got to get back to my people and my own two guests,
but hey, thanks for telling me about those leads you’re doing.”

They lost track of each other, as the one using Internet leads got a job offer in a
city 300 miles away. 

It was 2 years later when they met again.

It was at a big regional event again, only this time in the town 300 miles away.
It was very crowded, lots more people than that regional event where they last
met two years ago.

One of the young men, the one who focused on Internet leads, was outside the
room, sipping coffee.  He only came to the event because it was in his new town,
and for some reason he hoped there would be a lot less people. 

Suddenly, he heard his name being called, and felt a friendly clap on the back. 
He turned to see that fellow distributor who set next to him at this very first
opportunity meeting.  It seemed so long ago.

“How are you doing?  Hey, it’s great to see you, I wondered what you have been
up to, I keep figuring to see you up on stage one of these days… I keep reading
that the Internet is where it’s at…”

Before there was a chance to reply, he went on…

“Guys, this fellow and I started up the same day,” he said turning to a group of
people who had been following him, “…sat next to each other at our first meeting,
and had the same sponsor.  He’s big into Internet sponsoring… hey how is that
working out for you?”

Everyone was silent waiting to hear.  Internet leads were a buzz phrase, but you
never saw anyone who did them at meetings.  It was like some kind of legend. 
Finally they had a chance to meet one of them in the flesh.

“Well, it’s not as easy as I thought.  I found out that the guy I was buying them from
was just a re-seller, and the leads I was getting were going to lots of different
people, so I dumped him and bought better leads that were pretty expensive.  I
have a couple of people going, but they seem more interested in emailing me about
the next latest deal or Internet rumor.  Frankly, I’m broke from buying online MLM
leads.” 

It was then that he noticed the diamond pin his friend was wearing.  That meant he
had hit the second highest position in the pay plan, and had to be earning at least 6
figures a year.

“Well, all I can say is its too bad.  I found my way into this company by an offline
recruiting method, and I studied more ways to prospect that way.  Now my team are
building with postcards - among other offline ways, and it works for us.  We use the
Internet daily of course, once someone is in the loop, but for prospecting, well, my
money is offline.  It’s less expensive, and it works.  I’d love to chat more, but we all
want to hear the next speaker, come back inside, you won’t make any money in
the hall!”

---
If you’re looking to get off the online lead buying addiction, try my proven Postcard
method. 

How to Prospect and Recruit using Postcards for your MLM or Network Marketing
Business The Low cost Prospecting and Recruiting Tool that Out Performs Online
Methods



Best, David Williams


Postcards work!

No comments:

Post a Comment