Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Where I fish - Where I prospect - and MLM bullies - Bad uplines!

Guest Post by David Williams MLM Author Amazon

I want to tell you about a friend of mine – an M L M pro that just lost heart in his upline – the company top earner – and how or why it happened. 

Now – it was not easy for my buddy to make a decision to move on from a company whose products he loves, because of a sponsor he doesn’t.
Now, don’t get me wrong – this guy is not the type that needs a sponsor in the tradition sense. 
I’d call him a big shot veteran in his own right.
But, there are times when your upline starts sending out the wrong message to YOUR downline, and the rest of the company that is just, well, dumb.
In this case, the upline is the company high earner, so whatever he says appears to be right.
After all, he’s top dog.
That’s logical, after all.
If you are at the top, you must be right.
However, if you ask a logistician, they’ll tell you that is not true at all.
It makes sense, and it is often true, but it’s not always the case.
In fact, I have often found that I learned more from watching or learning what people Did/Do to achieve success, than listening to them after trying to pontificate.
It’s sad, but often people don’t know why they were successful, or what they did in the past is no longer practical.

Junk Faxes

If you earned millions selling fax machines, great, but don’t tell me about fax machines.
In the case in point here, the upline is dwelling on old fashioned, obsolete ‘hard sell’ methods for networking that may have worked in the 80’s, but not today.
But that’s not all.
This person is teaching the entire company to not use the Internet.
Look, that’s just dumb.
The internet is here to stay.
The way we connect to it will change, from desktops to laptops to mobiles and tablets, to watches and glasses – who knows how we use it - but the net itself here to stay.
It’s a means of communication, that’s all.

Just Dumb

So, it’s just dumb to not use it.
So, who is the type to suggest the net is not a good place to be?
Those who can’t change.
Yet change is a constant in our lives.
Times change.
Because time changes, every second!
We need to ‘get with the times’, not stay with a time we loved in the past.
And as hard as that is, it’s something winners must do.
So, where does all of this leave us?
There are times when you have to move.
There are times when you can’t fight city hall and must vote with your feet.
No one likes to leave a good company, but there are those times.
When you have made that mental decision, just do it.
It is easier to start over than to bail out the Titanic.
It’s easier to give birth than to raise the dead.

I hope you don’t have to ever go through this sort of situation, but if you do, move fast, make a clean break, and get started in your new endeavor.

She builds only using Linkedin

Now, I do get questioned about online and offline often.
‘David, what is better, to work online or offline?”
Both.
Look, I do promote offline prospecting, because I like to fish using ways that no one else does, because I find that if you do everything that everyone else does, it stops working just because of overuse.
For example online leads.  I’m sick of them, yet I know that you can prospect online, but that is not the same as buying online leads.
You can also fish on Facebook too, if you know how.
I have a friend who is a top income earner who fishes only on Linkedin.
She is a pro at it.

Where do I fish?

My position is simple.
I am a believer in simple.
I like no competition, and I don’t want to fish in a pond full of other fishermen, when I can fish in an ocean.
Why?
Because people tend to want to fish in the same place they were swimming in when you prospected them.
It makes sense.
‘How did you get my name?’
‘How did you find me?’
No matter what you say, they want to try the same way.
So I like things like direct mail, (like in my postcard system outlined in my book – details at the end of this email).
Or my really cool offline recruiting method for building under Doctors – (outlined in my book How to Recruit Doctors).

When do I use the Net?

Now, AFTER I find a prospect, I use the net and online methods to follow up, to educate, to drip on, in fact I have two books full of really great email messages that you can use for your drip list.
You can send these to anyone – it doesn’t matter if you found them online or offline – it is much easier to follow up online. 
I have another way of offline promoting that is great for flyers, etc., which I need to write about.
These are all secret methods that are not taught to the field normally.
Why, because typically no one wants to teach methods that work. 
I know that sounds dumb, (and it is), but this is a competitive world.

Why listing to your heavy hitting upline can screw you up

Heavy hitters use one method to find you and teach you a different method for you to find others.
You know that is the case.
Sometimes they say it’s because you are not ready.
Bah, humbug.
My methods of fishing in the ocean allows you to make a few mistakes, because the system pulls well and there are so many fish in the sea.
And if you combine it with dripping on the ‘not now’ people with my emails – well, you’ll really prosper.

So why do people promote online leads and why do people buy them?

Well, typically your upline gets a cut of the take on your purchase.
Sometimes they don’t know any better.
And you buy them because in two minutes you have a bunch of fresh leads.
(so called fresh!)
My methods take a few days, but once you start, it can provide you with a never ending flow of people, who all follow you and do the same.
You see folks are naturally interesting in duplication. 
But most folks have been in and out of one M L M or another and don’t trust lead systems so they won’t join you unless they like HOW you found them.
That’s why my methods work.

So, don’t be silly and give up on the Internet, use it.  It’s a tool.
But at the same time – consider fishing where few people are, and where there is an ocean of fish looking for you.
All the best for you and your business,
David Williams MLM Author

How to Prospect and Recruit using Postcards for your MLM or Network Marketing Business The Low cost Prospecting and Recruiting Tool that Out Performs Online Methods

How to Recruit Doctors into your MLM or Network Marketing team by showing them a NO Warm Market System

MLM Autoresponder Messages and Network Marketing Email Messages: Financial Woes Pack

MLM Autoresponder Messages and Network Marketing Email Messages: Wellness Nutritional Pack








No comments:

Post a Comment